Permission is granted to reproduce this page for classroom use.
Carefully study the Desk Inventory sheets.
- Are there any words for which you don't know the meanings? Write them here and look them up in the dictionary.
- List the five (5) items you think are the most essential to the President's daily work.
- Would any of these items probably not appear on the President's desk in the 1990's? Explain your answer.
- Which item do you think cost the most in 1950? Explain your answer.
- What do these items tell you about the President's character or personality? Be prepared to explain or justify your observations with examples.