Passages to read in Guerrilla Season:
1. Pages 6-8- “Stone. Jesse nearly spat the name.”
- Explains MO vs. KS, Quantrill & Jayhawkers
2. Pages 10-13- “About 50 yards away, four men watered horses in the stream.”
- Matt & Jesse’s encounter with some guerrillas and are forced to pick a side.
3. Pages 17-18- “That’s a fat one. When’ll you take me hunting Matt?”
- Matt’s younger brother tells of a neighbor getting jayhawked while Matt tells him to remain
4. Pages 37-40- “Visitors Ma.”
- Guerrillas come to the house, the family is very scared.
5. Pages 173-175- Guerrilla Attack
- Guerrillas attack Matt’s Union neighbor.
6. Pages 218-222- Work Detail
- Matt is taken for a Union work detail.
7. Pages 228-230- The Oath
- Matt is forced to take the Union oath.
8. Pages 260-271- Raided
- Matt is arrested by Federals at night.
9. Pages 268-271- Aftermath
- Jesse’s family is raided by the Union. His stepfather is hanged.
10. Author’s Note- explains Jesse James’ role in the war.