SHOW ME STANDARDS
2. Continuity and change in the history of Missouri, the United States and the world
6. Relationships of the individual and groups to institutions and cultural traditions
KANSAS STANDARDS (High School-US History)
Benchmark 1: The student uses a working knowledge and understanding of individuals, groups, ideas, developments, and turning points in the era of the emergence of the modern United States (1890-1930).
5. (K) explains the spread of Progressive ideas (e.g., political influence on elections, desire to have government regulation of private business and industries, child labor laws, muckrakers, Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson).
6. (A) analyzes the reasons for and impact of the United States’ entrance into World War I.
7. (A) analyzes how the home front was influenced by United States involvement in World War I (e.g., Food Administration, Espionage Act, Red Scare, influenza, Creel Committee).
8. (K) retraces the progress of the women’s suffrage movement from the state to the national arena (e.g., Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Alice Paul, states granting voting rights in the 19th Amendment).
Choice Board – You are to pick 3 either horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
World War I
Report of Women’s
Roles in WWI
Write a 3 page biography on one of the following;
Write a report about the
effect of submarine
warfare on WWI and
how it affected the US
decision to enter WWI
Write an essay about
the pros and cons
about the Unites
Create a poem or a
song. If you choose
a song, you will have
to write the music and the words
Create a political
cartoon about World
Write a report about
the role African
Imagine you are a
soldier either going
to France or already
there in a battle and
write a letter home
to your family or a
Scoring Guide for WWI Choice Board
Great thought and effort given to the three parts chosen, requirements met for all parts and done in a very careful, creative, and thoughtful manner.
Points earned 50
Very good thought and effort given to the three parts chosen, requirements met for all parts and done in a careful, creative, and thoughtful manner
Points earned 45
Good thought and effort given to the three parts chosen, requirements met for all parts and done in a careful, creative, and thoughtful manner
Points earned 40
Some thought and effort given to the three parts chosen, most requirements were met for all parts and done in a fairly careful, creative and fairly thoughtful manner
Points earned 35
Some thought and effort given to the three parts chosen, requirements for project missing, and done in a less than careful, creative and thoughtful manner
Points earned 30
Did not do the project 0