If you are having difficulty finding relevant materials, try these search tips:
Search query tips:
- By default, this search feature will find materials that contain ALL of the words in a query.
Example: searching for Captain Harry will return images that contain both "Captain" AND "Harry" somewhere in the image description
- To search for materials that match ANY word or phrase in a query, put a bar ( | ) between words or phrases.
Example: searching for Captain | Harry will return images that contain either the word "Captain" OR the word "Harry"
- To search for an exact phrase, put quotation marks ( " ) around the phrase.
Example: searching for "Captain Harry" will return only those images that match the phrase "Captain Harry"
- To exclude a word from the results, put a dash ( - ) before the unwanted word.
Example: searching for Captain -Harry will return images that include the word "Captain" but NOT the word "Harry"
- Check that your search terms are spelled correctly.
- Use more general search terms.
- Search on all fields.
- Make sure your search query is long enough.
Back to Truman Library Photographs Search