J. Howard McGrath
U.S. Senator from Rhode Island, 1947-1949; Chairman, Democratic National Committee, 1947-1949;
Attorney General of the United States, 1949-1952.
[Administrative Information | Folder
Size: 96 linear feet, 8 linear inches.
Copyright: The donor gave to the U.S. government the copyrights in this material and
in any other material received by the U.S. government and maintained in a depository
administered by the National Archives and Records Administration. Documents created by U.S.
government officials in the course of their official duties are in the public domain.
Copyright interest in other documents presumably belongs to the creators of those documents,
or their heirs.
Processed by: Jerry N. Hess and Willie L. Harriford Jr. (1961); Jan Davis and David Clark.
[ Top of the page | Administrative Information | Folder Title List ]
FOLDER TITLE LIST
Miscellaneous File 1948-1949
- Letters sent 1948-1949, Bu-Li ("A" is omitted)
- Letters sent 1948-1949, Lo-Se
- Letters sent 1948-1949, Si-T
- Letters sent 1948-1949, Ti-XYZ
State Department Cases - 1947-1949
- Foreign Service Applicants 1947-1949
- State Department General Correspondence 1948-1950
- State Department Cases, Passports 1947-1949: A - Fain, A.
- State Department Cases, Passports: Folco, T. - Yzibaert, F.
- State Department Cases: Abramsk, J. - Arnhein, Mrs. R.
- State Department Cases: Arpin, G. - Dzugan, Mrs. O
- State Department Cases: Earley, W. - Jonisy, H.
- State Department Cases: Kampe, I. - Menz, Dr. F.
- State Department Cases: Michele, R. - Roussian, M.
- State Department Cases: Samoil, B. - Zulmira, S.
Records Relating to Displaced Persons, 1947-1949
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons - 1947
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons Legislation - S. Res. 137, Immigration - 1947
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons Legislation - S. 1563, Admission of Displaced Persons to the U.S. - 1947
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons Legislation - H.R. 2910, Admission of Displaced Persons to the U.S. - 1947
- Correspondence re. European Trip - 1947 (2 folders)
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons, January, 1948 - April 7, 1948
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons, April 9-28, 1948
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons, May-Dec., 1948
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons, Jan.-March, 1949
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons, May-August, 1949
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons Legislation S. 2242 - Displaced Persons Act of 1948
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons Legislation S. 2901 - Amendment to Displaced Persons Act of 1948
- Correspondence re. Amendment to Displaced Persons Act of 1948 Suggested by Edward S. Lazowska
- Draft of speech by J. Howard McGrath on Displaced Persons - May 27, 1948, U.S. Senate
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons Legislation S. 311, Amendment to Displaced Persons Act of 1948, HR - 1-10-49 (2 folders)
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons Legislation, H.R.1344, Amendment to Displaced Persons Act of 1948, 1-13-49
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons Legislation, H.R. 4567, Amendment to Displaced Persons Act of 1948, 6-6-49
- Correspondence re. Citizens Committee on Displaced Persons, Providence, Rhode Island, 1949
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons Commission, 1949
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons Hearings, 1949
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons in Greece, 1949
- Correspondence re. Displaced Persons in Poland, 1949
- Correspondence re. European Displaced Persons in Shanghai, China, 1949
- Correspondence re. Suggested Amendments to Displaced Persons Act of 1948; 1949
- Forms and Printed Information re. Displaced Persons
Proposed Legislation 1947-1950
- Administrative Procedures Act
- Agriculture Appropriation Bill (1950), H.R. 3997, 81st Congress 1948-1949
- Agriculture Legislation, 1948
- Air Power Legislation, 1949
- Air Star Routes, 1949
- Alaska, 1948-1949
- Amusement Tax, 1949
- Anti Poll-Tax, 1948
- Anti Poll-Tax Legislation, 1949, S.J. Res. 34, 81st Congress
- Antitrust Bill: To Amend Sherman and Clayton Acts S. 1910, 81st Congress, 1949
- Appropriations Committee, (Senate), 1949
- Atomic Energy Commission Investigation, 1948-1949
- Bank Merger Bill - M.R. 6570 (1949)
- Bankruptcy Bill - 1949 H.R. 118, 81st, 1949
- Barton, Dora M., Relief of, 1949, H.R. 4414, 81st, 1949
- Bloom, Miss Anita, Relief of, 1949, S. 1761, 81st, 1994
- Brannan Agricultural Price Support Plan, 1949
- Bryan, William Jennings Jr., Proposal of Bureau of Information, 1949
- Blue Cross Hospitalization Plan, 1949
- Cafeterias Bill, Government operated, 1949, S. 722, 81st, 1949
- Career Compensation Act, 1949, H.R. 5007, 81st
- Cement Case: re. Basing Point System, 1949, S. 1008, 81st, 1949
- Central Arizona Project, 1949
- Certified Public Accountants, Leg. re., H.R. 3113, 81st, 1949
- Child Day Care in the District of Colombia, 1949 H.R. 1383, 81st, 1948-1949
- Chiropractic Profession Legislation, 1949
- Cigarette Tax Bill, 1949, H.R. 195, 81st, 1949
- Civil Rights, 1947-1948
- Civil Rights Legislation, 1949, S.1725 - S. 1726 - S.1727 - S. 1728, 1949
- Communism, 1948-1949
- Community Property Rights, 1947-1948
- Compensation of Top Government Officials, 1949, S. 103, 81st, 1948-1949
- Conservation, 1948
- Co-operatives, 1948
- Copper Tax, 1949, S. 2022, 81st, 1949
- Copper Tax, 1949, H.R. 2313, 81st
- District of Columbia Correspondence, 1948-1949
- District of Columbia Commissioners, 1949
- District of Columbia Committee, 1949 (folder #1)
- District of Columbia Committee, 1949 (folder #2)
- District of Columbia Committee, 1949 (folder #3)
- District of Columbia Sales Tax Legislation, 1949
- District of Columbia, Letters Sent, 1949
- Daylight Saving Time, 1948-1949
- Electoral College Legislation, 1949
- European Recovery Program, 1947-1948
- European Recovery Program, 1949
- European Recovery Program, Administrator to Italy, 1948
- Equal Rights for Women, 1949, S.J. Res. 25, 81st, 1948-1949
- Excess Profit Tax, 1948-1949
- Excise Tax, 1949 (folder #1)
- Excise Tax, 1949 (folder #2)
- Excise Tax, 1949, H.R. 3905, 81st, 1994
- Exports Controls Legislation, 1949
- Eye Diseases, Appropriation for Research, 1949, H.R. 3943, 81st, 1949
- Fair Labor Standards Act, 1949
- Fair Labor Standards Act, Amendment, 1949, S. 653, 81st, 1949
- Fair Labor Standards Act, Amendment, 1949
- Fair Labor Standards Act, Amendment, 1949, H.R. 2033, 81st, 1949
- Farm Market Facilities Financing Bill, 1949, S. 2091
- Federal Aid to Education, 1947-1948
- Federal Aid to Education, 1949
- Federal Aid to Education, 1949, Barden Bill, J.R. 4643, 81st
- Federal Aid to Education, 1949, S. 39, 81st, 1949
- Federal Aid to Education, 1949, S. 895 and H.R. 3238, 81st, 1949
- Federal Aid to Education, 1949, S. 1453, 81st, 1949
- Federal Aid to Education, 1949, H.R. 1570, 81st
- Federal Aid to Education, 1949, S. 1700, 81st
- Federal Aid to Education, 1949, H.R. 3333, 81st, 1949
- Federal Employee Pay Increase, 1948
- Federal Income Tax, Correspondence, re., 1948
- Federal Property and Adm. Services Act of 1949, Report #475, S. 2020, H.R. 4754, 81st
- Federal Property and Adm. Services Act of 1949, Report #338, S. 1809, 81st
- Fertilizer, Legislation re., 1948
- Fifth Division, Incorporation of, 1949, S. 171, 81st, 1949
- Filibuster, Correspondence re., 1949
- Finance Committee, 1949
- Fish Hatchery, North Attleboro, Massachusetts, 1949
- Fish, Stabilization of, 1949, S. 856, 81st
- Forand, Cong. Aime J., 1948
- Fur Tax Legislation, 1949
- Garrison Dam, North Dakota, 1949
- Gold Standard, 1949, H.R. 3262, 81st, 1949
- Grazing Lands, Correspondence, re., 1949
- Grain, Saving of, 1948
- Greece, 1948
- Hatch Act, 1948
- Hawaiian Statehood, 1947-1949
- Federal Expenditures, Joint Com. on Reduction of Nonessential, 1949
- Governor's, Southern, Conference of, 1948
- Heart Disease Research, 1949
- Hoffmann, Henry L., Relief of, 1949, H.R.5022, 1949
- Hoover Report, 1949 (2 folders)
- Housing, 1948-1949 (2 folders)
- Housing, 1949, S1070, 81st, 1949
- Housing and Rent Act of 1949, H.R. 1731, 81st, 1949
- Housing, Veterans, 1949, H.R. 2440, 81st, 1949
- Immigration Bill, 1949, H.R. 199, 81st, 1949 (2 folders)
- Immigration Bill, 1949, H.J.Res 238, 81st, 1949
- Immigration Bill, 1949, S. 967, 81st
- Immigration Bill, re. Greece, 1949, S. 1193, 81st
- Immigration Bill, 1949, H.R. 1396, 81st
- Indian Legislation, 1947-1949
- Industrial Safety Act, 1949, S. 1439, 81st, 1949
- Interior Department Appropriations, 1948
- Internal Revenue Bill, 1949, S. 1118, 81st, 1949
- Internal Revenue Legislation, 1949
- Internal Revenue, Collector's Salary, 1949, S. 1274, 81st, 1949
- Israel, State of, 1948
- Israel, State of, 1948 (Folder #2)
- Israel, State of, 1949
- Interstate and Foreign Commerce, Committee on, 1948
- Japanese Evacuation, 1947, H.R.3000, 80th, 1947
- Jewelry Tax, 1949
- Jewish War Veterans, Incorporation of, S. 72, 81st, 1949
- Judges, Additional Circuit and District Judges, S. 52, 81st, 1949
- Judiciary Committee, 1948
- Judiciary Committee, 1949
- Kaiser, Henry J., 1948
- Labor, U.S. Department of, 1948
- Labor-Management Relations Act, 1947, to Repeal, H.R. 211, 81st, 1949
- Lobbyists, 1948
- Luxury tax, 1948-1949
- McMurray, Joe, 1948
- Marine Corps, 1949
- Marshall Plan Administrative, 1948
- Marshall Plan, 1947
- Marshall Plan, 1948 (2 folders)
- Mental Health Act, 1949
- Merchant Marine Appropriation, 1949
- Military Training, Compulsory, 1947
- Military Training, Compulsory, 1948 (2 folders)
- Minimum Wage Increase, 1949
- Miscellaneous Legislation, 1948
- Miscellaneous Legislation, 1949
- Monticello Dam Project, California, 1949
- Multiple Sclerosis, 1949, S. 102, 81st, 1949
- Mundt-Nixon Bill, 1948, H.R. 5852, 80th, 1948/Mundt-Nixon Bill, 1949
- James Murray, Sen., 1949, S. 281, Economic Expansion Bill, 81st, 1949
- National Budget, 1949
- National Defense Program, 1948
- National Defense Program, 1947-1948, S. Res. 46, 80th, 1947
- National Health Insurance, 1947
- National Health Insurance, 1949 (3 folders)
- National Health Insurance, 1948
- Natural Gas Act, 1948, H.R. 4051, 80th, 1948
- Natural Resources, 1949, S. 1899, 81st
- National Mental Health Act, 1949
- National Monetary Commission, 1949, S. 1559, 81st, 1949
- Natural Gas, 1948
- New York Lawyers Association, 1949
- North Atlantic Treaty, 1949
- Old Age and Survivors Insurance, 1949, H.R. 2893, 81st, 1949
- Oleomargarine, 1948, H.R. 2245, 80th, 1948
- Oleomargarine Butter, 1949, H.R. 2023, 81st, 1949
- Taft-Hartley Bill, 1949, H.R. 3020, 80th, 1949
Records Concerning Legislation Introduced in the 79th Congress 1945
- National Mental Health Act, 1948, 79th Congress, H.R. 5778
Records Concerning Legislation Introduced in the 80th Congress 1947-1948
- Administrative Practitioner's Act, H.R. 2657, 80th
- Agricultural Lands, Protection of, H.R. 4417, 80th
- Alaskan, Veterans, Settlement of, H.R. 4059, 80th
- Appropriations, for Executive Officers, HR 6829, 80th
- Appropriations, for Federal Security Agency, HR 6355, 80th
- Appropriations, for Legislative Branch, HR 6500, 80th
- Armed Forces, Increased Strength, S 2655, 80th
- Armed Forces: Amend the Articles of War, HR 2575, 80th
- Armed Forces: Retirement Bill, HR 2744, 80th
- Armed Forces: Retirement Bill, S 1598, 80th
- Bankruptcy: Amend Act to establish Uniform System of, HR 5287
- Bankruptcy: Establish uniform system, HR 2412, 80th
- Coinage: Commemorating End of War with Spain, HR 333, 80th
- Conservation: Land & Water Resources, HR 6054, 80th
- Copy Right: Bill Amendment, HR 5014
- Court Room Proceedings: Use of Sound Recordings, HR 3122, 80th
- Decontrol: Continue 2nd Decontrol Act of "47", S 2746, 80th
- Education: Federal Aid to , S 2909, 80th
- Education: Finance Act of 1947, S 472, 80th
- Enemy: Trade with, S. 2431, 80th
- Enemy: Trade with, HR 6116, 80th
- Housing: Amend National Housing Act, HR 6959, 80th
- Housing: Amend National Housing Act, HR 6841, 80th
- Housing: Amend National Housing Act, HR 4251, 80th
- Immigration: Amend Immigration Act of 1924, HR 2765, 80th
- Immigration: Foreign Husbands of U.S. Citizens, HR 5137, 80th
- Immigration: And Naturalization Bill, HR 5004, 80th
- Incorporation: The American Standards Association, S 2673, 80th
- Internal Revenue: Amendment of Code, HR 3825, 80th
- Internal Revenue: Amendment of Code, HR 6552, 80th
- Commerce: Amend Interstate Commerce Act, HR 2759, 80th
- Japanese: Evacuation of HR 3999, 80th
- Labor: Bill, S 2728, 80th
- Licensing: Amend to Act Licensing Business, HR 6106, 80th
- Marshall Plan HR 4840, 80th
- Medal: Young American Medal for Bravery, HR 5434, 80th
- Mundt-Nixon Bill, HR 5852, 80th
- Merchant Seamen: Provide for War Service, S 429, 80th
- Negro Youth: Training of, HR 4664, 80th
- Old Age: Old Age Benefits, HR 6099, 80th
- Optometry: Amend Act Regulating Optometry in D.C., HR 6087, 80th
- Old Age, Retirement Insurance, S 2422, 80th
- Patents Act, HR 4304, 80th
- Post Office: Provide for the Carrying of Mail on Star Routes, HR 3935, 80th
- Post Office: Free Postage for Gift Food, HR 4459, 80th
- Post Offce: Special stamp, American Turner Society, HJR 340, 80th
- Post Office: Airmail Delivery, S 2588, 80th
- Postal, Rates: To provde permanent postal rates, HR 6916, 80th
- President: Extend the authority of, HR 6556, 80th
- Psychopaths: Provide Treatment of sexual psychos, HR 6071, 80th
- Quartermaster: Establish a quartermaster corps research lab., S 286, 80th
- Remount Service: Trans. from War Dept. to Agric. Dpt., HR 3484, 80th
- Retirement: Railroad retirement, to amend act of 1937, S 2437, 80th
- Retirement: Federal Emplyment Act, S 2443, 80th
- Retirement: Amend Civil Service Retirement Act of 1930, HR 4127, 80th
- Revenue Bill: To reduce certain excise tax rates, HR 4708, 80th
- Revenue Bill: To reduce individual income tax payments, HR 4790, 80th
- Revenue Bill: Sales tax for District of Columbia, S 2409, 80th
- Revenue Bill: Beauty Operators Bill, HR 3825, 80th
- Revenue Bill: District of Columbia, HR 5317, 80th
- Revenue Bill: District of Columbia, HR 5563, 80th
- Revenue Bill: District of Columbia, HR 5919, 80th
- Revenue Bill: Reduction of Excise tax, HR 5757, 80th
- Revenue Bill: Repeal of Tax on telegraph, telephone, radio, and cableservice, HR 5995, 80th
- Revenue Revision, HR 6712, 80th
- Social Security, HR 296, 80th
- Social Security: Amendment of, HR 5749, 80th
- Social Security: Retirement Insurance, HR 6777, 80th
- Tidelands Bill, S 1988, 80th
- Veterans, HR 4007, 80th
- Veterans: Amend Serviceman's Readjustment Act of 1944, HR 3016, 80th
- War Claims Act of 1948 (Folder #1), HR 4044, 80th
- War Claims Act of 1948 (Folder #2), HR 4044, 80th
- Women: National Air-Women Week, HJR 292, 80th
Records Concerning Legislation Introduced in the 81st Congress 1949
- Labor: To diminish the causes of labor disputes, 1949, S 249, 81st
- Displaced Persons Act, to amend, 1949, HR 1344, 81st
- Tariff Act: Trade Agreements Extension Act of 1949, HR 1211, 81st
- Veterans Pension Bill, 1949, HR 2681, 81st
Bills Introduced by Senator McGrath 1947-1949
- Condolences to Members of Byrd Expedition killed in plane crash SR 58
- Investigation of law enforcement and polic admin. in the D. of C. SR 144
- Appointment of Honor. J. Proveneal as Sen. Doorkeeper, SR 146
- Recognition of Maryland as community property state, SJ 74
- Amendment to International Refugee Organization Act, SJ 77
- Commemoration of 150 Anniversary of D. of D., SJ 129
- Portal to Portal Pay, S 70
- Aid to Education -- Teacher's salaries, S 81
- Daylight Saving in District of Columbia, S 328
- Amendment to Act chartering certain corporations, S 503
- Daylight saving time in D.C., S 736
- Nurseries and nursery schools in D.C., S 751
- Amend Federal Home Loan Bank, S 801
- Amend Federal Home Loan Bank, S 802
- Amend Federal Home Loan Bank, S 803
- Amend Federal Home Loan Bank, S 804
- To provide for preservation of the Frigate Constellation, S 849
- Amend Federal Home Loan Bank, S 913
- Federal Savings and Loan Corporation, S 1149
- Relief of Thorvaldur Hliddal, S 1186
- Sale of Tonomy Hill, S 1228
- Relief of Civilian Captives of Japanese, S 1261 (3 folders)
- National Health Insurance, S 1320
- Incorporation of Franco-American War Veterans, S 1356
- Authorize establishment of by-laws govern election of vestrymen of the Protestant
Episcopal Church of D.C., S 1402
- Incorporation of Jewish War Veterans, S 1415
- Water pollution in New England States, S 1418
- Daylight Saving in D. of C., S 1481
- Authorization of sale tract of land to A.P. Miller, S 1551
- Admission of certain displaced persons, S 1563
- Repeal of Taft-Hartley Act, S 1563
- Provide for legal naturalization of persons in the U.S., S 1655
- Retirement, survivors and intended disability insurance, S 1679
- Reitrement, Survivors & intended disability Insurance, S 1679 Folder #2
- Preservation of the frigate constellation, S 1796, 80th Cong., 2nd Session
- Veterans service credit for Social Security, S 1975
- Amendment of the Fair Labor Standards, S 2062
- Relief of Gabe Budivee, S 2175
- Amend D.C. Traffic Act, S 1976
- To provide for naturalization of all persons lawfully admitted into the U.S., S 2245
- Coordinated agricultural program, S 2318
- Incorporate the Sea Bee Veterans, S 2321
- Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation, S 2417
- Social Security, S 2422
- Amend Displaced Persons Act, S 2901
- Rustom (Russi) Benjonji Bana, S 2945
- To print prayers of Senate Chaplain, SJ 237
- Inauguration Holidays, SJ Res 16
- Emblems Day, SJ Res 62
- Haiti Exposition, SJ Res 79
- Constitutional Amendment, SJ Res 95
- Amputees, S. Con. Res. 37
- National Health Insurance, S 5
- Preservation of Frigate Constellation, S 134
- Daylight Saving Time in D.C., S 135
- Naturalization of persons already in the U.S., S 136
- Federal Aid to Education, S 246
- Amendment to Fair Labor Standards Act, S 248
- Relief of Kalervo Dvarlo, S 308
- Relief of Gabe Budivee, S 309
- United Nations U.S. Code, S 310
- Amend Displaced Persons Act, S 311
- Amendment to Trade with Enemy Act, S 603
- Relief of Theodore Papochustopoulos, S 867
- Relief of Eva Friedman, S 985
- Philippine Rehabilitation Act, S 1033
- Physically Handicapped, S 1066
- Incorporation of Gold Star Wives, S 1084
- Veterans Amendment to the Social SEcurity Act, S 1121
- Missouri Valley Authority, S 1160
- Relief Nicholas Manticas, S 1213
- Relief of Mrs. Maria Gulbenkian, S 1214
- School Assistance, S 1243
- Relief of Low Chung Chee, S 1417
- Hambletonian Stamp, S 1460
- Relief of Wanda & Adam Styka, S 1582
- Establishment of Columbia Valley Administration, S 1645
- National Health Insurance & Public Health, S 1679
- Relief of Joseph H. Marcus, S 1701
- Relief of Riyoko Sato, S 1702
- Civil Rights, S 1725
- Anti-lynching Act, S 1726
- Anti-Poll Tax, S 1727
- Fair Employment Practice Act, S 1728
- Fishery Cooperative Assoc;, S 1902
- Transportation Tax, S 1908
- Relief of Samuel Last, S 1932
- Social Secuirty, S 2066
- Relief of Anna Bartok, S 2087
- To Amend Clayton Act, S 2190
- Broadcasting Station, S 2254
- Pulaski Foundation, S 2255
Bills Introduced by McGrath Concerning the District of Columbia 1947
- 80th -- 1st (1947) Daylight Saving Time -- D.ofC., S 736
- 80th -- 1st (1947) Housing BIll -- D. of C., S 751
Bills Introduced by McGrath as Chairman of the Committee on the District of
Columbia 1949, 81st-1st
- Investment of Trust Funds, S 1032
- Children born out of wedlock, S 1122
- Code of Laws to Amend, S 1123
- Public Defender Bill, S 1124
- Alimony Bill, S 1125
- Boiler Inspection Act, to amend, S 1126
- Will, S 1127
- Podiatry, S 1128
- Code of laws: To amend, to conform, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure S 1129
- Code of laws: To amend, Federal Expenses, S 1130
- Code of laws: To amend, Re: estates, S 1131
- Code of laws: To amend, re: wills, S 1132
- Code of laws: To amend, re: court appointed attorneys, S 1133
- Code of laws: To amend, re: pub. of annulment actions, S 1134
- Code of laws: To amend, re: small estates, S 1135
- Budet, S 1291
- Judges salaries, S 1349
- Judge -- to provide an additional judge for juvenile court, S 1350
- Washington Gas Light Company, S 1418
- Investment of Insurance Co. funds, S 1490
- Unclaimed animals, S 1703
- Contracts, S 1918
- Home for the Aged and Infirm, S 1919
- National Capital Park and Planning Commission, S 1931
- Administrative Transfer, S 1984
- Municipal Govt. Positions, S 2134
- Mental Health Commisssion, S 2135
Requests for Positions, General Cases, 1947-1949
- Abbitt, W.M. to Brislin, Miss H.R.
- Brissman, Mrs. J.S. to Connolly, R.B.
- Connor, E.L. to Dwyer, W.W.
- Earley, H.F. to Grigsby, Jay
- Haas, L.F. to Kemble E.J.
- Kendall, C.P., Jr. to Maynard, L.A.
- McAloon, A.J. to Moriarty, Dr. D.
- Morrison, C. to Phillips, W.R.
- Phoebus, E.C. to Seefer, S.
- Wade, W.E. to Zuhusky, J.A.
Requests for Positions, Economic Cooperation Administration 1947-1949
- European Recovery Program; recommended for Positions to Varieur, W.E.
Requests for Positions, Sales Tax - Rhode Island, 1947-1949
- Bray, J.M. to Thornton, J.A.
Requests for Positions, Veterans Hospitals - Rhode Island, 1947-1949
- New Veterans Hospital to Stanley, Mrs. M.
Requests for Positions, District of Columbia Staff, 1947-1949
- Applicants for Staff to Christie, A.K.
Requests for Postitions, Bureau of Census - Rhode Island, 1947-1949
- Barone, E. to Wellen, R.G.
Recommendations for Positions - 1947-1949
- Abrams, J.E. to Hill, D.G.
- Hoffman, M.D. to Young, Mrs. R.W.
Correspondence re applications and endorsements for Judgeships - 1949
- Additional Judgeships provided by S. 52
- End. - Judgeships, Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- End. - Judgeships, Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- End. - Judgeships, Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- End. - Judgeships, Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- End. - Judgeships, Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- End. - Judgeships, Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
Juvenile Court - District of Columbia
- Juvenile Court Applications, Misc., District of Columbia
- Chappell, Richard A. - End. - Judgeship - Juvenile Court - D. of C.
- Cockrill, Edith - End. - Judgeship - Juvenile Court - D. of C.
- Compton, William R. - End. - Judgeship - Juvenile Court - D. of C.
- Faircloth, Olive Geiger - End. Judgeship - Juvenile Court - D. of C.
- Fleming, Ella D. - End. Judgeship - Juvenile Court - D. of C.
- Goff, Robert E. Lee - End. - Judgeship - Juvenile Court - D. of C.
- Jackson, Stephen - End. - Judgeship - Juvenile Court - D. of C.
- Morris, Mrs. Una Rita - End. - Judgeship - Juvenile Court - D. of - C.
- Mahar, Richard A. - End. - Judgeship - Juvenile Court - D. of C.
- Miller, Mrs. Robin R. - End. - Judgeship - Juvenile Court - D. of C.
- Renner, Miss Bettie - End. - Judgeship - Juvenile Court - D. of C.
- Wilson, J. Warren - End - Judgeship - Juvenile Court - D. of C.
Municipal Court - District of Columbia
- Bachrach, William - End. - Judgeship - Municipal Court - D. of C.
- Brooks, Homer - End. - Judgeship - Municipal Court - D. of C.
District Judgeships - District of Columbia
- Bastian, Walter M., End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Branhan, Ernest L., End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Bresnahan, John A., End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Canfield, Austin, End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Cantrel, Joseph A., End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Cogswell, Robert F., End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Dorsey, John H.,, End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Goldschein, M. H., End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Jackson, John W., End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Kemp, Edward G., End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Matthews, Mrs. Burnita, End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- McGarraghy, Joseph C., End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Miller, John F., End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Neilson, George D., End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Turner, Bolon, End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Vaia, George F., End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
- Welch, J. Harry, End, District Judgeship, D. of C.
District Judgeships - By State
- End. - Judgeship - Alabama, District of
- End. - Judgeship - California, District of
- End. - Judgeship - Florida, District of
- End. - Judgeship - Georgia, District of
- End. - Judgeship - Hawaii, District of
- End. - Judgeship - Illinois, District of
- End. - Judgeship - Iowa, District of
- End. - Judgeship - Kansas, District of
- End. - Judgeship - Louisiana, District of
- End. - Judgeship - Massachusetts, District of
- End. - Judgeship - New Jersey, District of
- End. - Judgeship - New York, District of
- End. - Judgeship - Oregon, District of
- End. - Judgeship - Utah, District of
- End. - Judgeship - Vermont, District of
- End. - Judgeship - Virgin Islands, District of
- End. - Judgeship - Wisconsin, District of
- Judgeship - Supreme Court Vacancy
"Desk Correspondence Clippings" - 1946-1949
- Chairman - Democratic National Committee, election to
- Civil Rights and Southern Split
- Democratic Campaign (General) 1948
- Democratic Convention - Philadelphia - July 1948
- Democratic National Committee - 1948
- Displaced Persons
- District of Columbia, re.
- Eisenhower, General Dwight D.
- Electorial College
- Federal Aid to Education
- Gerry, Senator Peter G.
- Green, Senator Theodore F.
- Health Insurance Bill, 1949
- Judiciary Committee
- Jefferson - Jackson Dinner - 2/24/49
- Portal-to-Portal Pay Bill
- Personal - J. Howard McGrath
- Rhode Island - General
- Rhode Island - Politics - 1948
- Saints and Sinners Luncheon - 2/25/49
- Speeches - J. Howard McGrath
- Solicitor General - 1946
- Textron, Inc.
- U.S.S. Constellation - 1947
- Democratic National Committee Western Trip - April 1948
Miscellaneous Records - 1946-1949
- Army-Navy Football Game Tickets, corres. re - 1949
- Clippings - 1946 campaign (2 folders)
- District of Columbia Chairmanship congratulatory corres, re - 1949
- Inaugural Invitation - 1949
- Jackson Day Dinner: Portland, Maine - 3/23/46
- Out of the Mire, by Frank R. Prina
- Summons and Verified Complaint, Jennie A. Pugh, Plaintiff
- Dr. Daniel L. Marsh - Pres. Boston University
- Walter White - 1949
DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE RECORDS
Correspondence Chairman of Democratic National Committee - 1947-1949
- Anti-trust - 1948
- Appointments - 1948-1949
- B - Miscellaneous - 1948
- Book - Power of the People by J. Howard McGrath, corres. re. - 1948
- Bushnell Army Hospital
- C - Miscellaneous - 1947-1949
- California - 1947
- Campaign Literature - 1948
- Caneel Bay Corporation - 1948
- Central Valley Project - California - 1948
- Christmas Greetings - 1947
- Civil Rights - 1947-1948
- Clippings - Senator - 1948
- Colored Folder
- Convention Agenda - Philadelphia
- Convention - Congratulatory corres. re.
- Copr. Listing, cards of
- E - Miscellaneous
- Edwards, India
- Employment Requests
- Expenses - J. Howard McGrath
- F - Miscellaneous
- Farley, James
- Form Letters
- Fowler, Henry H.
- Fund Raising
- G - Miscellaneous
- H - Miscellaneous
- Hannegan, Robert E.
- I - Miscellaneous
- Internal Security
- Italian Correspondence
- J - Miscellaneous
- K - Miscellaneous
- Kaiser, Henry J.
- Killion, George
- Krug, Julius A.
- L - Miscellaneous
- Lawrence, Joseph
- Lazarus, Barnett, Edgewood, Rhode Island
- Leslie, Grey
- Mc - Miscellaneous
- McGrath - Personal
- M - Miscellaneous
- Meeting - Democratic Committee, 10/29/47, Mayflower
- Moore, Robert - memos
- N - Miscellaneous
- New York Trip - Pending
- P - Miscellaneous
- President's Western Trip - 1948
- O - Miscellaneous
- R - Miscellaneous
- Redding, Jack
- Report of 1947 election, New York
- Republic Steel Corporation
- Republican National Convention - 1948 - Delegates and Alternates
- Rhode Island Folder
- Roach, Neale
- Rosenblatt, Sol A. - Declan X. McMullen Co.
- S - Miscellaneous
- Shouse, Jovett
- Speakers Bureau
- Speech Material
- Speeches - J. Howard McGrath (2 folders)
- Possible speech material
- Radio speeches
- Sullivan, Gael - memos
- T - Miscellaneous
- Universal Military Training
- V - Miscellaneous
- Veterans Committee
- W - Miscellaneous
- H. Wallace - Report California
- Washington Real Estate
- Western Trip - Senator
- White House - finished matters
- White House - pending
- Young Democrats
- Z - Miscellaneous
Congratulatory Messages Upon Becoming Chairman of Democratic National Committee, 1947
- Congratulatory Telephone Calls to States - Rhode Island, Folder #1
- Rhode Island, Folder #2 to Wyoming
Congratulatory Correspondence - Presidential Campaign - 1948
- Congratulatory Correspondence - Presidential Campaign - 1948 Folders 1 through 6
- Congratulatory Correspondence - Presidential Campaign - 1948 Folders 7 through 11
- Congratulatory Correspondence - Presidential Campaign - 1948 - Folders 12 through 15
Correspondence Concerning Executive Committee - Democratic National Committee - 1947-1951
- Democratic National Committee, Folder #1
- Democratic National Committee, Folder #2
- Proceedings - Democratic National Committee, 10/29/47
- May 10 Meeting
- National Committee, Meeting, 8/24/49
- Contributions - 1948
- Finance Committee - Democratic National COmmittee, 1948
- Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinner Programs - 1948
- J. Howard McGrath, Personal, November 20, 1948
- Ltr. from J. Howard McGrath to A. F. Whitney, 1/15/49
Attorney General Correspondence - 1949-1952
- American Bar Association to An
- Mos to National "A" Folder #1
- National "A" Folder #2 to Ne
- Th, Folder #2 to Tr, Folder #1
"Desk Correspondence" 1949-1952
- Agriculture, Secy. of
- Air Force, Secy. of
- Army, Secy. of
- Criminal Division
- Deputy Attorney General
- Interstate Commerce Commission
- Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Interior, Secy. of
- Internal Revenue
- Labor, Secy. of
- Caudle, T. Lamar - Tax Division
- McCarran, Senator Patrick
- Navy, Secy. of
- Pardon Attorney
- Postmaster General
- The President
- Railway Mail Pay Case
- State, Secy. of
- Steelman, Dr. John R.
- Treasury, Secy. of
- Veterans Administration
- Vice President
- War Claims Commission
- American Legion Testimonal Dinner Program - 1950, Folder #1
- American Legion Testimonal Dinner Program - 1950, Folder #2
Applications and Endorsements for Employment ("Positions") 1950-1951
- Applications and Endorsements for Employment ("Positions") A-Cl
- Applications and Endorsements for Employment ("Positions") Co-Guth
- Applications and Endorsements for Employment ("Positions") H-Ma
- Applications and Endorsements for Employment ("Positions") Me-Sp
- Applications and Endorsements for Employment ("Positions") Sq-Z
- Chelf Committee, 3/28/52
- Clippings - 1950
- Communist Trial Material, N.D.
Congratulatory Messages - Attorney General - 1949
- Congratulatory Messages - Attorney General - 1949 (Folder 1 through 4)
- Congratulatory Messages - Attorney General - 1949 (Folders 5 through 8)
- Congratulatory Messages - Attorney General - 1949 (Folders 9 through 11)
Miscellaneous Records - 1949-1952
- Congressional Record Vol. 98, No. 51, March 27, 1952
- Displaced Persons Survey - 1951
- Dollar Steamship Line Litigation - 1950-1951
- Florida - Miscellaneous - 1951
- Inter-Office memorandum - 1951
- Itineraries - 1949-1952
- Des Moines Jackson Day Dinner Letters, April 1951
- J. Howard McGrath, Vice Chairman, Presidents Committee, Govt. and Business Relations, third meeting, 1/14/50
- Miscellaneous Correspondence - Attorney General - 1952
- Publications - Attorney General - 1950-1952
- Correspondence re. Resignation as Attorney General, Folder #1, March-May 1952
- Corres. re. Resignation as Attorney General (Folders 2 through 4) March-May 1952
- Telegrams sent - 1949-1952
- Vatican Representative, Correspondence re. 1949-1950
SPEECHES AND INTERVIEWS BY J. HOWARD McGRATH
Speeches Pre Solicitor General - Nov. 1934 - July 1945
- Absentee Voting - Radio Address, 3/12/44
- Acceptance Speeches, 1940, 1942, 1944
- Agriculture Conference, Rumford, R.I., 2/21/42
- Agriculture, Rhode Island's Place In - 9/15/44
- American Bar Association, Jr. Bar Conference, 2/28/41
- American Irish Historical Society, Hotel Biltmore, N.Y., 5/8/43
- Annual Message, 1943
- Annual Message, 1944
- Barry, Commodore John - Address: Boston 1941 and N.Y.C. 1946
- Bill of Rights - Radio Address, 12/15/41
- Bill of Rights - 152nd Anniversary, Fanevil Hall, Boston, 12/15/43
- Bonds - War Worker's Obligation, 1/20/43
- Boston University Alumni Assoc., 12/8/45
- Boston University Sunset Supper, 1942, 5/23/42
- Brown University, Alumni Fund, Commencement Address 175th Commencement Luncheon, 6/2/43
- Campaign 1940, General Material
- Campaign 1940, Rhode Island, Free Press, 11/8/40
- Campaign 1940, Radio Address, Dr. H.A. Jones, 10/31/40
- Campaign 1940, Radio Addresses
- Campaign 1940, Radio Addresses
- Campaign 1940, Radio Addresses
- Campaign Speaking Engagements - 1940
- Campaign Speech for Gov. Green, 1934
- Misc. Material Campaign, 1940
- Campaign 1942: Radio Talks
- Campaign 1944, Radio
- Green, Senator, Campaign, 1944, Radio Adress
- Nominating Speech 1944 by Judge William E. Powers
- Catholic Charities Appeals, 1941-1942
- Catholic Charity: 1941, 1942, 1943, 1944, 1945, 10th Anniv. Youth Org.
- Chamber of Commerce, Prov. Biltmore, Olneyville Business Men's Dinner
- Chiang Kai-Shek, Madame, Greeting to - Madison Square Garden, N.Y.C.
- Graduating Exercises: East & West Senior High Schools, May 1942 Pawtucket
- Chiefs of Police: International Association, N.Y.C., 1942-1943 New England Assoc., Poland Springs, Me.
- Christian Bros., 50th Anniv., Waltham, Mass.
- Christmas Message, 1943
- C.I.O. Educational on Govt. Affairs, 3/12/44, Radio Address
- Citizens' Clean-Up Committee, 5/2/44, Radio Address
- Civil Service Material, 1939
- Classical High School Graduation, 1943
- Clip Sheet, Quotations, 1944
- Clippings, 1940
- Clover Club, 1941
- Commemoration of the 700th Anniversary of the cannonization of St. Domenic
- Commencement Exercises, Rhode Island College of Podiatry
- Constitutional Rights of the States: Providence Rotary Club
- Crime Situation, Blackstone Forum - Radio Address, 1935
- D-Day - Radio Address, 1944
- Dedication: State House, Mtg. Payment Radio Address
- Defense: State Council of - Addresses and Radio talks, 1941-1943
- Democratic Candidates and Committee members: Harrisburg, Pa. - 9/13/44
- Democratic Club: Wakefield, R.I. - 5/8/39
- Democratic Digest - 1940
- Democratic National Convention - 1944
- Democratic Party Record: Mark Ethridge, publisher - 5/15/44
- Democratic State Convention, 1940 - Addresses by Sen. Green and W.G. Troy - 9/28/40
- Democratic State Convention, 1944 - Addresses by D. R.G. Bressler - 7/7/44
- Dim - Out, 10/27/43
- Dixon, Sir Owen, Welcome to R.I.
- Dorr, Governor - Address in answer to question by the Court
- "DUV" letter - Christman 1944 - Daily until Victory
- Education in Rhode Island - Committee to study existing laws
- Election Statistics: Presidential, 1936 - 1944: R.I., Senator, Congress, Governor, 1940-1944
- Elks: Flag Day Celebration - Northampton, Mass., 6/14/42
- Elks: Providence Lodge, State House Grounds, 6/14/43
- Evacuation Day Banquet, Boston - 3/13/41
- "E" Pennant - Naval Torpedo Station, 11/24/41
- Farm Forum - Station WGY - Radio Address: R.I.'s Place in Agriculture, 9/15/44
- Food Campaign, Radio Program, Gov. McGrath and John Stokes - 1944
- "Franklin, Benjamin" - R.I. Society Sons of American Rev. - 9/17/43
- Freedoms, The Four
- Governor's Conference, Mackinac Island, Michigan, 1941-1945
- Green, Senator Theodore F. - Testimonial Dinner, 74th Birthday, 10/2/41
- Green, Dr. W.T. - Testimonial Dinner, 1943
- Health and Welfare Conference: Wartime - Biltmore Hotel, Providence, Rhode Island, 2/10/43
- Hibernian Society of Newport, Rhode Island - 3/14/40
- Holy Name Society Communion Breakfast, N.Y.C. Fire Department - 4/8/45
- Hospital Insurance - R.I. Plan: Addres in Chicago - 5/11/44
- Housing Conference - Biltmore Hotel, Providence, R.I. - 4/25/41
- Inaugural Message - 1941
- Independence, Declaration of
- Infantile Paralysis - Radio Appeal, for Funds - 1/12/44
- Infantile Paralysis Night: Opening of Ice Capades - 12/16/43
- Jefferson Day Dinners - Other Material on Jefferson
- Junior League Rally
- Kennedy, Lt. Gerald P. - Dedication Hangar, Hillsgrove, 10/11/42
- K of C, State Council, Boston, 60th Anniversary, New Haven, Conn.: R.I. State Council - 4/19/41
- LaSalle Institute: Troy, New York, Commencement, Address - 1942
- Lavel: Father - Pere - Address of Welcome - 1937
- Launchings: S.S. Nelson W. Aldrich and S. S. Jesse H Metcalf Walsh - Kaiser Yard
- Launchings: S.S. Rheem and Walsh - Kaiser Yard - 1944
- Lauching: S.S. Wm. Coddington - 1942
- Lincoln: Addresses by Sen. Green and Gov. McGrath - 1941
- March, Frederick, introducing him - 1937
- Manhattan College: Commencement Address - 1942
- Masschusetts Democratic State Convention - 1944
- Miscellaneous Speeches
- New England Council - 3/14/41
- New England Governors - 5/29/44
- "New England Welcomes You" Greetings from the Governors
- O.P.A. Forum - Radio Program
- Palestine - 1942
- Peace: World Coopreation to maintain
- Poland and Lithuania: sons of, presentation - R.I. State Flag - 10/11/42
- Perry: Oliver Hazard, Biographical material
- Personal: 1940
- Post War Planning - 2/1/44
- Post War Problems: Organization and Operation, Pub. Wks. Reserve Program - Hotel Roosevelt, New York
- Providence College Commencement Addresses - 1941, 1943
- Quonset Point: Commissioning Exercises
- Rationing: Sugar, inaugurated - radio address
- Re-election of Gov. Quinn - Radio Address - 1938
- Records of the Democratic and Republican parties in R.I. 1944
- Red Cross Dedication: Rose Ella Stevenson House - 11/10/44
- R.I. Historical Society
- R.I. Institute of Instruction
- Robins, Major General Thomas M. - Dinner, Boston, Mass. - 6/18/43
- Roosevelt: Memorial Services - 1945
- Russia Day, Tribute to, Randall's Island, N.Y. City - 6/27/43
- Service Flag Dedication - Brown and Sharpe - 7/2/42
- Social Security - Governor's Conference, Mackinac Island - 7/3/45
- Social Security and States Rights - Governor's Conference, Machinac Island - July 1945
- Social Work: R.I. Conference - 9/23/43
- St. Lawrence Waterway - Statement before Rivers and Harbors Comm. of the House - 1941
- St. Patrick, Friendly Sons of - 1937, 1938, 1939
- St. Patrick, Friendly Sons of - Providence, R.I. - 3/17/42
- St. Raphael Academy - Pawtucket, R.I. - 6/12/39
- St. Vincent Concert - 2/8/42
- State Guard Week - Radio Address - 3/9/43
- States' Rights
- Temple Emanuel - Thanksgiving - 11/21/41 Dedication of Honor Roll - 10/23/42
- Truck Drivers' Appeal - Radio Address - 10/1/43
- Truman: Story of his life
- United Nations Association - R.I. Committee - 8/30/43
- U.S. Maritime Service Officers School - New London, Conn. 11/26/43
- United States War Production Job Clinic - 3/10/43
- Veterans Reception Center Opening, Newport, R.I. - 12/12/43
- V-E Day
- WACS: Graduation Exercises for First Platoon - 10/21/43
- War Conference, Second, New England - Boston, Mass. - 11/18/43
- WFCI: Station - Opening Exercises - 4/26/41
- Yarnell, Admiral Harry E. - Introduction of at United Civic Clubs' luncheon - 3/17/43
SPEECHES - SOLICITOR GENERAL - OCTOBER 1945 - NOVEMBER 1946
- Addresses Declined 1945-1947
- American Weekly Article re Veteran Education - 4/14/46
- Arkansas Bar Association - 5/14/46
- Atlanta, Georgia, Bar Association - 4/26/46
- John Barry Day - 9/13/46
- Better Business Bureau, Washington, D.C. - 6/18/46
- Boston University Class Reunion, March 19,1946
- Corres. re Thomas Brady's Speaker's Bureau
- Brotherhood of Man - Fatherhood of God - 5/1/46
- Catholic Committee for Human Rights, presentation Msgr. John A. Ryan Memorial Awards - 11/28/45
- Chicago Junior Chamber of Commerce
- Clover Club, Boston - 3/16/46
- Commencement Address, Barry College, Miami, Florida - 5/29/46
- Commencement Address, Bryant College - 8/9/46
- Communion Breakfasts
- Communion Breakfasts, U.S. Customs Holy Name Society - 3/9/46
- Communion Breakfasts, Boston, Massachusetts - 5/12/46
- Court Press Assoc. Dinner honoring Judge Knox - 1/31/46
- Federal Bar Association, Chicago - 5/17/46
- Function of Govt. & Business
- International Association for Identification, Rochester, New York
- Portland, Maine, Jackson Day Dinner - 3/23/46
- Jewish Cause Speech Material
- Jewish Cause, Cleveland, Ohio - 4/11/46
- Jewish Cause, West Coast Trip, Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Wash.
- Jewish Cause, Detroit and Philadelphia
- Johnston War Memorial - 5/30/46
- Judicial Conference, Ashville, North Carolina, June 7, 1946
- Judicial Review of Administrative Determination (decisions)
- Lewis Hotel Training School - 5/10/46
- Madison Square Garden Meeting, Jewish Cause Via Radio from Washington, March 5, 1946
- Manhattan College Alumni Dinner - 1946
- Minnesota State Bar Association - 6/28/46
- National Issues - data on, from the Publicity Division of the Democratic National Committee - 1946
- National Savings and Loan League, Chicago - 5/16/46
- National University Alumni Assoc. Dinner - 1/19/46
- New York State Bar Association - 6/25/48
- Rhode Island Juvenile Court Act
- Testimonial Dinner, McGrath and McGranery
- New York State Bar Association - The Pure Food and Drug Act
- U.S. Attorney General Conference, Washington, D.C. - 5/22/46
- "The Govt. Side in the Supreme Court" Pub. in the Young Democrat 1/46
- Veterans: American Committee Veterans Laws
SPEECHES - SENATORIAL - DECEMBER 1946 - AUGUST 1949
- 1946 - Campaign Radio Address
- 1946 - Campaign Radio Address and other radio material not used
- Nominating Speech by Judge Wm. C. Powers
- 1947 January 14 - Broadcast - CES-WTOP
- 1947 January 18 - Corres. re. James Dalton
- 1947 January 18 - Connecticut Forum of the Air - CBS WEAN
- 1947 February 8 - New England Forum of the Air - NBC
- 1947 February 11 - Chevy Chase Forum
- 1947 February 12 - Norwalk Catholic CLub, Norwalk, Connecticut
- 1947 February 16 - Donohue Dinner, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1947 February 23 - Catholic Guild of the Department of Parks Communion Breakfast, New York
- 1947 February 23 Providence Testimonial Dinner Wm. L. Connolly and Dr. Michael F. Walsh
- 1947 February 26 - Speech "Save Human Freedom"
- 1947 March 4 - Jefferson Day Dinner, Charleston, West Virginia
- 1947 March 16 - Friendly Sons of West Warwick
- 1947 March 29 - New England Forum
- 1947 March 30 - Communion Breakfast, Rock Creek Council - K of C
- 1947 April 5 - Jefferson Day Dinner, Knoxville, Tennessee
- 1947 April 8 - Holy Name Society
- 1947 April 10 - Miami Chamber of Commerce address, Miami, Florida
- 1947 April 14 - Address, Barry College, Miami, Florida
- 1947 April 28 - CBS-WTOP Broadcast Daylight Saving Time
- 1947 May 2 - Corrections Division, Council of Social Agencies
- 1947 May 3 - Address by Sen. Francis J. Myers, Jefferson Day Dinner, Detroit, Michigan
- 1947 May 6 - Address: Cleveland Day Dinner, Buffalo, New York
- 1947 May 7 - Address: Jewish Cause, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1947 May 11 - Address: Communion Breakfast, Catholic Soc. Police and Firemen, Washington, D.C.
- 1947 May 12 - Address: Riccobono Seminar, Catholic University
- 1947 May 27 - Address: Jefferson Day Dinner, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- 1947 May 28 - Address: National Savings and Loan League, Swampscott, Massachusetts
- 1947 June 2 - Address: Federation of Women's Clubs Breakfast, Washington, D.C.
- 1947 June 3 - Address: Mutual Broadcasting Co. Am. Forum of the Aif. "What Should Congress do About Health Insurance?"
- 1947 June 8 - Address: Rhode Island State College Commencement
- 1947 June 11 - Material re. the Palestine Question
- 1947 June 11 - Address: St. John's College Commencement, Washington, D.C.
- 1947 June 13 - Radio Transcript re. Displaced Persons
- 1947 June 15 - Radio Transcription "Forgotten 7000" with Chas. Parmer - WPIK
- 1947 June 19 - Address: National Council of Catholic Women, Pontifical Medal Awarded to Miss Linna E. Bresette
- 1947 June 20 - Address: LaSalle Institute, Troy, New York
- 1947 June 21 - Address: Maryland State Bar Assn., Atlantic City, New Jersey (cancelled)
- 1947 July 4 - Address: Fourth of July Celebration, Bristol, R.I.
- 1947 July 8 - Broadcast, WWDC - Panepirotic Federation of America re. Greek situation
- 1947 July 18 - Radio INterview - Yankee Network with "Pete" Tully "Income Tax Bill"
- 1947 July 25 - Broadcast (with Charles Parmer) Nat'l Social Security Act
- 1947 August 8 - Bryant College
- 1947 - Labor Day
- 1947 October 30 - Broadcast in behalf of CARE
- 1947 November 2 - Broadcast on Displaced Persons (Charles Parmer)
- 1947 November 7 - "Meet the Press"
- 1947 December 26 - California Trip
- 1948 January 13 - American Forum of the Air - Displaced Persons
- 1948 January 31-April 10 - Speaking Engagements
- 1948 February 18 - Address: CBS "Peace, Prices and Politics"
- 1948 February 19 - Jefferson, Jackson Day Dinner
- 1948 February 20 - Information Please
- 1948 March 9 - Philadelphia Bulletin Forum
- 1948 March 11 - Address: Sen. Lister Hill
- 1948 March 19 - "Views on the International Situation."
- 1948 March 23 - Soresi, Carl D.
- 1948 April 8 - Jefferson Jackson Day, Portland, Oregon
- 1948 April 16 - ASNE Meeting
- 1948 May 11 - Address Demo. Nat'l. Committee, New Haven, Conn.
- 1948 May 19 - Speech "Who are They" by Sen. McGrath
- 1948 June 6 - Blair Moody broadcast "Reciprocal Trade"
- 1948 July 12 - Opening Speech - Demo. National Convention
- 1948 August 20 - Young Democrats Convention, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- 1948 September 7 - Town meeting of the Air Broadcast
- 1948 September - Western Trip
- 1948 October 13 - Recording for Princeton Liberal Union
- 1948 October 17 - Television Program "Meet the Press"
- 1948 October 18 - Broadcast: For Greek Division of D.N.C.
- 1948 October 19 - Broadcast: American Forum of the Air "Truman Vs. Dewey"
- 1948 October 20 - Luncheon: Round Table D.N.C.
- 1948 October 27 - Broadcast - WPRO - Providence
- 1948 October 31 - Broadcast - People's Platform - CBS with Sen. Taft New York City
- 1948 November 1 - Broadcast - WPRO - Providence, R.I. "Get out the Vote." Folder #1
- 1948 November 1 - Broadcast - WPRO - Providence, R.I. "Get out the Vote." Folder #2
- 1948 November 1 and 4 - Broadcast: Edward R. Murrow - WPRO
- 1948 December 29 - Alpha Omega Fraternity Dinner - Dr. Archie Albert
- 1949 January 4 - American Forum of the Air "Whats Ahead for Congress"
- 1949 January 5 - Addrss re. Chairman of the Senate Committee on the District of Columbia
- 1949 January 13 - Cathedral Club Dinner for E.M. Hanrahan
- 1949 January 15 - Bert Andrews Radio Program
- 1949 January 19 - Electoral College Dinner
- 1949 February 7 - "Bostonian" message
- 1949 February 22 - Topeka, Kansas
- 1949 February 24 - Jackson Jefferson Day Dinner, Washington D.C.
- 1949 February 25 - Circus Saints and Sinners, New York City
- 1949 February 28 - Broadcast: Red Cross Platform
- 1949 March 13 - Jefferson Club, Parkersburg, W. Va. (did not attend)
- 1949 March 16 - Statement recorded for Mr. Bjornson: NBC
- 1949 March 17 - Friendly Sons of St. Patrick, Providence, R.I. (did not attend)
- 1949 March 27 - Georgetown University, Radio Broadcast
- 1949 April 4 - American Forum of the Air "Progress Report of 81st Congress"
- 1949 April 8 - District of Columbia AMVETS Convention
- 1949 April - Walter Fitzmaurice, Newsweek Television Show
- 1949 April 22 - Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 1949 April 23 - Omaha, Nebraska
- 1949 April 27 - Rotary Luncheon, Washington, D.C.
- 1949 April 30 - Order of Holy Sepulchre Awarded by Archbishop Cushing, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1949 May 1 - Georgetown University
- 1949 May 1 - Blair Moody Television Forum "Reciprocal Trade"
- 1949 May 12 - Milton Berle Testimonial Dinner, New york City
- 1949 May 22 - American Television Forum - NBC
- 1949 June 3 - National University School of Law Commencement Address
- 1949 June 12-13 - Democratic Midwest Conference, Des Moines, Iowa Folder #1
- 1949 June 12-13 - Folder #2
- 1949 July 1 - "The Time" Magazine
- 1949 July 16 - Jefferson Jackson Day Dinner, Pensacola, Florida
- N.D. - "Boom, Bust or Neither" by J.A. Livingston
- N.D. - Civil Rights
- N.D. - Inaction of the 80th Congress
- N.D. - Notes for Montclair Forum
SPEECHES - ATTORNEY GENERAL - AUGUST 1949 - APRIL 1952
- Speeches Delivered by Attorney General J. H. McGrath, Index - August 1949 to December 1951
- Speeches Delivered by Attorney General J. H. McGrath - September 1949 through December 1949
- Speeches Delivered by Attorney General J. H. McGrath - January 1950 through March 1950
- Speeches Delivered by Attorney General J. H. McGrath - April 1950 through June 1950
- Speeches Delivered by Attorney General J. H. McGrath - July 1950 through December 1950
- Speeches Delivered by Attorney General J. H. McGrath - January 1951 through June 1951
- Speeches Delivered by Attorney General J. H. McGrath - July 1951 through November 1951
- 1949 August 16 - Knights of Columbus, Portland, Oregon
- 1949 September 22 - Federal Bar Assn. Dinner - Honor of Circuit Judges
- 1949 September 22 - Judicial Conference of the United States
- 1949 September 29 - Testimonial Dinner to Bill Boyle, Kansas City, Mo.
- 1949 October 4 - Massachusetts Assn. of Insurance Agents, Boston, Mass.
- 1949 October 15 - Saint Louis University
- 1949 October 18 - Connecticut State Bar Association - Hartford, Conn.
- 1949 October 20 - National Press Club
- 1949 October 22 - "CBS Views the Press"
- 1949 October 26 - David Lawrence Conference
- 1949 October 28 - Troy, New York - Speech for Herbert Lehman
- 1949 October 28 - Statue of Liberty Day, NYC
- 1949 October 28 - Meet the Press - 9:00 p.m.
- 1949 November 3 - Irving Geist Tetimonial Dinner - NYC
- 1949 November 8 - District of Columbia Bar Association
- 1949 November 12 - Boston University
- 1949 November 15 - American Finance Conference - Chicago, Illinois
- 1949 November 15 - Providence College Club of New York - Brooklyn, New York
- 1949 November 17 - Amos Lodge, B'Nai B'rith, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1949 November 25 - National Interfraternity Conference, Washington, D.C.
- 1949 December 2 - Democratic National Committee - 1949 Dinner New York City
- 1949 December 5 - National Institute of Municipal Law Officers, K.C., Mo.
- 1949 December 9 - Horace Heidt - Philip Morris program
- 1949 December 17 - Hudson County (N.J.) Bar Association (Civil Rights Speech)
- 1950 January 9 - Association of Buying Offices, Inc. - Nat'l. Retail Dry Goods Assn. Convention, New York City
- 1950 January 18 - Metropolitan Police Boys' Club Dinner - Washington, D.C.
- 1950 January 19 - D.C. Society for Crippled Children Pep Talk - 1950 Drive
- 1950 January 22 - Gannet New service - "Capital Memo" Recording Out
- 1950 January 25 - New York State Bar Association Antitrust Section, NYC
- 1950 January 28 - Jefferson-Jackson Dinner, West Palm Beach, Florida
- 1950 February 7 - National Automobile Dealers Association, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- 1950 February 15 - Conference on Law Enforcement Problems
- 1950 February 20 - Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinner - San Francisco, Calif.
- 1950 February 26 - United Jewish Appeal - Miami, Florida
- 1950 March 1 - Harlan Fiske Stone Memorial Lectures - Amherst College, Amherst, Massachusetts
- 1950 March 13 - U.S. Wholesale Grocers' Assn. - Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1950 March 14 - Founders Day, Boston University, Delivered by long distance telephone
- Horace Heidt Philip Morris Broadcast
- Friendly Sons of St. Patrick
- 1950 March 26 - National Council of Young Israel Banquet - NYC
- 1950 March 27 - Statements of A.G. and J. Edgar Hoover before Subcommittee of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- 1950 March 30 - Boston Real Estate Board Banquet, Boston, Mass.
- 1950 March 31 - Jefferson-Jacson Day Dinner, Charleston, W. Va.
- 1950 April 1 - Phi delta Phi Joint Annual Banquet, Washington, D.C.
- 1950 April 3 - Argument in Case of Elmer Henderson, Supreme Court
- 1940 April 13 - Maryland University Law School Alumni Assn., Baltimore
- 1950 April 19 - Advertising Club of New York
- 1950 April 19 - New York State Democratic Committee, Waldorf Astoria, New York
- 1950 April 24 - Salvation Army Harbor Light Center, Washington, D.C.
- 1950 April 24 - Federal Bar Association, Washington, D.C.
- 1950 April 26 - Benevolent and protective Order of Elks - Unveiling of World War II Memorial Plaque - Washington D.C.
- 1950 April 27 - National Probation and Parole Association Conference - Atlantic City, New Jersey
- 1950 May 8 - Remarks Before the Supreme Court in Memory of Charles Evans Hughes - Washington, D.C.
- 1950 May 11 - 1950 Annual Conference of the United State Conference of Mayors, New York City
- 1950 May 11 - Four Freedoms Award Dinner honoring Mrs. Franklin D. Roosevelt - New York City\
- 1950 May 12 - Capitol Cloak Room Broadcast - CBS
- 1950 May 13-15 - Chicago Meeting, Democratic National Committee - Chicago
- 1950 May 14 - B'nai B'rith, Anti-Defamation League Convention, Chicago
- 1950 May 17 - University of Dayton - "Medal of Mary" - Dayton, Ohio
- 1950 May 23 - 5th National Conference on Citizenship - "I am an American Day" - Washington D.C.
- 1950 May 27 - Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinner - Omaha, Nebraska
- 1950 May 30 - Inglewood Park Cemetery Memorial Day - Inglewood, Calif.
- 1950 May 31 - University of Arizona - Tuscon, Arizona
- 1950 - National Celebrities Golf Tournament, Washington, D.C.
- 1950 - Duquesne University Commencement Exercises, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- 1950 June 11 - St. Mary's College Commencement Exercises
- 1950 June 14 - LaSalle College Commencement Exercises, Philadelphia, Pa.
- 1950 June 15 - Fur Industry Tax Committee Banquest, New York City
- 1950 June 18 - Communion on Breakfast of Employees of Pennsylvania Rail-road Company, Philadelphia, Pa.
- 1950 June 22 - Rotary International, 41st Annual Convention, Detroit
- 1950 June 25 - Conference of Chief Probation Officers, Camp Lee, Va.
- 1950 September 10 - Dedication of Holy Rosary School, Claymont, Deleware
- 1950 September 16 - Naturalziation Deremonies, Washington, D.C.
- 1950 September 19 - Jewish Community Relations Council, Philadelphia
- 1950 September 19 - American Bar Association, Section on Criminal Law, Washington, D.C.
- 1950 September 20 - American & Canadian Bar Associations, Washington, D.C.
- 1950 September 24 - United Palestine Appeal Conference, - Boston, Mass.
- 1950 September 26 - Internal Security Act, Little Cabinet Dinner, Washington, D.C.
- 1950 September 26 - Judicial Conference of the U.S. - Washington, D.C.
- 1950 October 1 - Pulaski Memorial Day Celebration, Philadephia, Pa.
- 1950 October 6 - Missouri Bar Association - St. Louis, Missouri
- 1950 October 11 - International Assn. of Chiefs of Police, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- 1950 October 13-14 - Campaign Speeches, 1950 election, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 1950 October 15-17 - Campaign Speeches, 1950 elections, Los Angeles, Calif.
- 1950 October 17 - National Association of Retail Druggists, Long Beach, California
- 1950 October 28 - American Legion, Vigo Post No. 1093, N.Y.C., Testimonial Dinner Honoring the AG., New York, NY
- 1950 October 28 - American Forum of the Air "Voice of Democracy" Broadcast - New York City
- 1950 October 28 - Campaign Recording for Senator Lehman
- 1950 October 29 - James J. Hoey Award for Interracial Justice, New York City
- 1950 November 9 - Interstate Commerce Commission, Practitioners Assn., St. Louis, Mo.
- 1950 November 18 - Western Maryland College Homecoming, Westminster, Md.
- 1950 November 21 - Jewish Theological Seminary Degree, New York City
- 1950 December 10 - Hebrew Sheltering and immigrant Aid Society (HIAS) - New York City
- 1950 December 12 - Democratic National Committee Dinner, Waldorf Astoria, New York City
- 1951 January 13 - WMCA Radio Broadcast, Springfield, Missouri
- 1951 January 13 - Jackson Day Dinner, Springfield, Missouri
- 1951 January 18 - Metropolitan Police Boys' Club, Mark Evans TV Show, Washington, D.C.
- 1951 February 14 - Savannah Bar Assocation, Savannah, Georgia
- 1951 February 18-27 - Brotherhood Week Material, Washington, D.C.
- 1951 February 25 - Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinner, Providence, R.I.
- 1951 March 2 - Conference on Criminal Law Enforcement, Univ. of Chicago Law School, Chicago, Ill.
- 1951 March 3 - Decalogue Society of Lawyers of Chicago, Tribute to Dr. Percy L. Julian, Chicago, Ill.
- 1951 March 6 - Tribute to late Justice Frank Murphy, Supreme Court of U.S.
- 1951 March 8 - Boston Press Club (Amasa Howe Award Dinner) Boston, Mass.
- 1951 March 11 - Knights of Columbus (4th Degree) District of Maryland, Baltimore, Md.
- 1951 March 13 - American Road Builder's Association, Milwaukee, Wisc.
- 1951 March 26 - Statement before U.S. senate Crime Investigating Committee, Wahington, D.C.
- 1951 March 30 - National Catholic Educational Association of America, Clefeland, Ohio
- 1951 April 7 - Smith County Bar Association, 3rd Annual Institute, Tyler, Texas
- 1951 April 10 - Memorial Services Honoring the late Justice Wiley Rutledge, Supreme Court
- 1951 April 15 - Seton Hospital Golden Jubilee, Austin, Texas
- 1951 April 16 - Daughters of the American Revolution, Washington, D.C.
- 1951 April 21 - Jackson Day Dinner, Des Moines, Iowa
- 1951 April 30 - Manhattan College Convocation (Brothers' Boy Medal Bestowal on A.G.) New York, N.Y.
- 1951 May 10 - "Blind Date" WJZ-TV New York
- 1951 May 15 - United Jewish Appeal Lawyers Div. Dinner - NYC
- 1951 May 18 - National Conference of Judicial Councils, Washington, DC
- 1951 May 16-20 - Sixth National Citizenship Conference, Washington, D.C.
- 1951 May 19 - Armed Forces Day Luncheon, Philadelphia, Pa.
- 1951 May 20 - "I am an American Day" program, U.S. Capitol, Washington, D.C.
- 1951 May 23 - Conference of United States Attorneys, Washington, D.C.
- 1951 June 2 - National Celebrities Golf Tournament, Washington, D.C.
- 1951 June 6 - Statement Before House Judiciary Committee on H.J. Res. 131 - Submerged Lands, Washington, D.C.
- 1951 June 8 - Providence Country Day School Commencement, Providence, Rhode Island
- 1951 June 10 - Becker Junior College Commencement, Wrocester, Mass.
- 1951 June 11 - Fairfield University Commencment, Fairfield, Conn.
- 1951 June 13 - Siena College Commencement, Loudonville, N.Y.
- 1951 June 19 - Better Business Bureau, Washington, D.C.
- 1951 June 23 - Maryland State Bar Association, Atlantic City, N.J.
- 1951 August 7 - National Association of Attorney Generals, Seattle, Washington
- 1951 August 10 - National Association of County and Prosecuting Attorneys Highland Park, Ill.
- 1951 August 29 - Independent Grocers' Alliance of American, N.Y.C.
- 1951 September 14 - Statement Before Senate Subcommittee on Priveleges and Elections
- 1951 September 21 - Adas Israel Congregation Synagogue Dedication, Washington, D.C.
- 1951 September 24 - Judicial Conference of the U.S., Washington, D.C.
- 1951 October 5 - Cincinnati Bar Assn. Banquet Honoring Judge in 6th Circuit, Cinncinnait, Ohio
- 1951 October 11 - Columbus Day Testimonial Dinner Honoring Bishop Lane and others, Dubuque, Iowa
- 1951 October 13 - St. Peter's College Alumni Dinner, Jersey City, N.J.
- 1951 October 16 - Attorney General Remarks, Community Chest Rally, 1951
- 1951 October 25 - American Jewish Committee (Civil Rights) Washington, D.C.
- 1951 October 29 - National Association of Independent Tire Dealers, Washington, D.C.
- 1951 November 7 - Providence College Club of New York Alumni Dinner Honoring Attorney General, N.Y.C.
- 1951 November 12 - Armistice Day Celebration (American Legion), Welch, West Virginia
- 1951 November 15 - Cleveland Bar Association, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1951 November 16 - FBI National Academy, Washington, D.C.
- 1951 November 27 - Institute on Economics of Defense Mobilization, Washington, D.C.
- 1951 November 30 - National Institute of Municipal Law Officers 16th Annual Conference, N.Y.C.
- 1951 December 13 - New York County Lawyers Association, Judges Augustus N. and Learned Hand, N.Y.C.
- 1952 January 14 - Institue of Scrap Iron and Steel, Inc., N.Y.C.
- 1952 April 21 - East Midwood Jewish Center, Brooklyn, New York
- 1952 April 23 - Oustranding Citizens' Day, Miami, Florida
- 1952 April 24 - Miami Law Quarterly, Miami, Florida
SPEECH MATERIAL 1937-1951
- Speech material (folders 1 thru 3)
- Speech Material (Folder 4)
- Political Speech Material (Folder 1 and 2)
PERSONAL RECORDS OF J. HOWARD McGRATH
Biographical Material 1946-1950
- Biographical Material - New Faces in Congress
- Biographical Sketch, Official - December 1946
Birthday and Anniversary Greetings - 1951
- Birthday and Anniversary Greetings to Mr. and Mrs. J. Howard (Folders 1 and 2)
Contributions Accepted and Declined (Requests for) 1949-1952
- Cabinet Presents
- Contributions Accepted (Requests for)
- Contributions Declined (Requests for) - (Folders 1 and 2)
- Contributions Declined (Requests for) - (Folders 3 thru 5)
- Contributions Declined (Requests for) - (Folders 6 thru 8)
CORRESPONDENCE AND RELATED MATERIALS (PERSONAL FILES) 1947-1949
- Aguas, A. De Oliveira - 1948
- Appointments - Senator (Office) - 1947
- Appointments - Senator (Office) - 1948
- Appointments - Senator (Office) - 1949
- Autograph Requests - 1947
- Bernstein, Bo - 1948-1949
- Biographical Sketches - 1947
- Birth Announcements Received - 1948
- Birthday Congratulations - 1947
- Birthday Congratulations - 1948
- Bodwell, Harry T. - 1947-1949
- Bonnet Shores, R.I. - 1949
- Cannon, Mrs. Peter L. - 1947
- Cohen, Frances - 1947-1949
- Christmas - 1948
- Christmas - 1947
- Carroll, J. Austin - 1947-1949
- Clubs and Associations - 1949
- Cohn, Julius - 1949
- Condolences - 1948-1949
- Condolences - 1947
- Congratulations - 1947
- Congratulations extended by Senators - 1949
- Congratulations extended by Senators - 1948
- Congratulatory - Anniversary - December 1947
- Congratulatory - Milton Berle Dinner - 1949
- Contribution Requests - 1949
- Contribution Requests - 1948
- Contribution Requests - Continued - 1948
- Contribution Requests - January-February 1947
- Contribution Requests - March-April 1947
- Contribution Requests - May-September 1947
- Contribution Requests - October-December 1947
- Credit Cards - 1947-1949
- Crook, Frank - 1947-1949
- Desvernine, Raoul E. - 1948-1949
- Dunes Club, Naragansett, R.I. - 1949
- Dyer, W. Gurnee - 1947
- Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem - 1949
- Fanebust, Mildred E. - 1948
- Farley, James A. - 1947
- Feiner, Philip A. - 1947
- Forrestal, James V. - 1949
- Foundation Plan, Inc. - 1947
- Freeman, Harry - 1947-1948
- Friendly Sons of St. Patrick - 1949
- Gazda, Antoine - 1947-1948
- Good Griday - 1948
- Green-McGrath Reception for Rhode Islanders, 12/21/49, Inaugrual Week
- Grimes, J. Glement - 1947
- Haffenreffer, Rudoph E. - 1947-1948
- Hanley, Rev. Matthew, O.P. - 1948
- Honarary Degrees - 1949
- Hotels - 1947-1949
- Introduction, Letters of - 1948-1949
- Invitations, J.H. McGrath - 1947
- Invitations, J.H. McGrath - 1948
- Invitations, J.H. McGrath - 1949
- Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinner - 1948
- Kane, Benjamin - 1949
- Kiernan, James H. - 1947
- Knights of Columbus - 1947-1948
- McGrath, David - 1948
- McGrath, J. Howard - Personal - November-December 1946
- McGrath, J. Howard - Personal - January-February 1947
- McGrath, J. Howard - Personal - March-May 1947
- McGrath, J. Howard - Personal - June-December 1947
- McGrath, J. Howard - Personal - January-June 1948
- McGrath, J. Howard - Personal - July-December 1948
- McGrath, J. Howard - Personal - 1949
- McGrath, Mrs. J. Howard - Personal - 1947-1949
- McGrath, T. Russell - 1947-1949
- McNary, Sen. Charles L. - 1947
- Magazine Articles, Comments on - 1948-1949
- Magazine Articles Requested - 1949
- Maguire, Charles A. - 1949
- Mariash, Irving - 1948-1949
- Mooney, Mrs. Raymond - 1949
- Narragansett Development Co. Inc. - 1947
- Newspaper Clippings - 1947 (Folders 1 and 2)
- Newspaper Clippings - 1948 (Folders 1 and 2)
- Newspaper Clippings - 1949
- Oaths - 1947
- Office - 1947
- O'Keefe, Merlyn - 1948-1949
- Paull, Harold Church
- Pearson, Drew - 1947
- Pearson, George
- Personnel - 1948
- Photographs Received - 1947
- Photographs Received - 1948
- Photographs Received - 1949
- Photographs Requested - 1949
- Photographs Requested - 1948
- Rabinowitz, Sidney
- Radio Broadcasts (Comments on) - 1948-1949
- Radio Speeches or interviews - 1947
- Reservations - 1948-1949
- Reservations - 1947
- R.I. Charities Trust - 1949
- Rhode Island Charties Trust - 1947 - 1948
- Ryan, Daniel J. - 1947
- Shore, Sam - 1947- 1949
- Sinclair, James - 1947
- Speakers - Requests for - 1947
- Speakers, Requests for - 1948-1949
- Speeches Received - 1947 (Folders 1 and 2)
- Speeches Received - 1948 (folders 1 and 2)
- Sturges, Benjamin R. - 1948
- Textron - 1947
- Thank You Notes
- Thomas, Sen. Elbert D. - 1948
- Triedman, George - 1947-1949
- Trophies Donated - 1948
- Truman, Harry S. - 1949
- Truman, Harry S. - 1949
- Truman, Harry S. - 1948
- Truman, Miss Margaret - 1948
CORRESPONDENCE AND RELATED MATERIALS - PERSONAL - 1949-1952
- Correspondence and Related Materials, Personal, 1949-1952 (Folders 1-3)
- First Day Covers
- Gifts Received (Folders 1-5) 1950-1952
- Invitations Pending - 1947-1951
- Invitations - 1948-1952 (Folders 1 and 2)
- Invitations Accepted - 1948
- Invitations Declined - 1948-1952
- Providence-New York trip - October 4, 1951
Past Invitations - 1948-1951
- Past Invitations B-Ch Folder 1
- Past Invitations Ch Folder 2 - Cz Folder 2
- Past Invitations Mc-Me Folder 2
- Past Invitations Mi-National P
- Past Invitations National R - O
- Past Invitations Rhode Island-Si
Personal Bills - 1945-1952
- Abercrombie and Fitch Co. to Griffith Consumers Co.
- Drs. Groover, Christie and Merritt to Public Printer
- Putnam's, G.P. and Sona to Woodward and Lothrop
Miscellaneous Records - 1946 - 1952
- California Miscellaneous - 1948
- Mrs. J. Howard McGrath - 1948-1952 (Folders 1-3)
- National Catholic Educational Assn. Letters - 1951
- Paull, Harold C. - Correspondence - 1949-1952
- Miscellaneous Personal Bills (Folders 1 and 2) 1946-1952
- Miscellaneous Photographs - 1950-1952
- Publications - 1950-1951
- Requests for Autographs - Not Granted - 1949-1952 - (Folders 1 and 2)
- Requests for Autographed Photographs - Not Granted - 1949-1952 A-H
- Requests for Autographed Photographs - Not Granted - 1945-1952 I-Z
- Appointment Book - 1947
- Appointment Book - 1948
- Appointment Book - 1949
- Appointment Book - 1949
- Appointment Book - 1950
- Appointment Book - 1947
- Appointment Book - 1948
- Appointment Book - 1949
- Folder: Miscellaneous Material Removed from Appointment Book
MISCELLANEOUS RECORDS AND REFERENCE MATERIALS
- Material from George Carr - ND
- Clippings - Inauguration - 1949
- Miscellaneous Clippings - 1947
- Miscellaneous Clippings - 1946
- Miscellaneous Clippings - Senatorial - 1947
- Magazines and Newspapers - 1948
- Miscellaneous Unfiled Papers - ND
- Notebook - Record of Gifts Received Christmas 1948 and January-April 1949
- The Penny Magzine - 1832-1835
- Report and Recommendations for Aid to France
- Stationary (Folders 1-3)
- Card File
[ Top of the page | Administrative Information | Folder Title List ]